Tuesday, November 11, 2014

current beauty wishlist


I'm sure by now, you're aware that I love e.l.f. (ACTUALLY (!) they posted my haul on their Instagram!!!) I am very happy and flattered by it. But yes, I love e.l.f., but I'm also obsessed with other vegan/vegan-friendly companies, OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics), Ion & LUSH. (I have a tiny LUSH haul that'll post later this week, so stay tuned.) 

I'm not very impulsive when it comes to any type of shopping. I like to sit and think about my future purchases. I like to sit and think because I'm cheap and any type of spending gives me shopper's guilt and I'm saving money for traveling (less than 4 months, people!) I did some online window shopping the other night and here's what I'm crushing on. 

OCC has a bunch of products since I last looked. They are primarily known for their lip tars but nowadays they have a bunch of other products. Claire Marshall (yes another reference to Hey Claire, haha.) mentioned OCC tinted moisturizer in one of her videos. Very intrigued! I've never worn a tinted moisturizer but I feel that they are very much up my alley. I feel it would be good for my nonmakeup days. 

They also have a lip liner that I believe would work well with a lot of my lipsticks. The color is NSFW - true red. Right now Sephora has that color's lip tar and nail polish on sale for $15 as a set. I'm also crushing that nail polish. 

My friend Andrea mentioned to me when I posted about lip liner last, that there are clear lip liners. Did you know this?! e.l.f. has a stick for $3. Worth trying out, right? 

I'm also looking for a vegan dry shampoo. I've been using this one for a year or two but now I want to use a dry shampoo from an aerosol can. I'm kind of tired of the loose dry shampoo. 

Have you heard of LUSH's massage bars? This one has the best reviews and I'm really tempted to try it out.

Have any of you tried any of these products? Any products you're looking to purchase? 

- Christina

instagram | bloglovin' | twitter | pinterest | youtube

product images from herehere, here, here & here. collage by me.

16 comments:

  1. That massage bar looks super yummy- I love lush products. I'm a big tinted moisturizer fan but recently made the jump to actual foundation. Well technically I only wear it once or twice a week, but still- baby steps:)

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about baby steps. Do you use liquid or powder foundation?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LUSH has storefronts but there aren't many. Here's a link to their store locator. They have an online shop, but hopefully you can find a store near you so you can smell everything!

      Delete
  3. I love the Lush massage bars. I have some OCC lip tars too and the formula is amazing. Like, seriously high quality. Been meaning to try their lip primer too because bright colors bleed on me and MAC's lip primer is not cruelty free...

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one lip tar & I'm not too found of the shade. I want to try a darker color. The color I have right now is very Barbie pink. & yeah, I'm anit-MAC, too.

      Delete
  4. I've tried quite a few LUSH massage bars, and that one's tied with Tender is the Night for my very favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That massage bar looks so luxurious! I'm definitely hitting up Lush when I am back in the States over the holidays. Also, that is so cool that elf featured your post on their Instagram!
    Just curious, what other beauty companies do you know of that are cruelty-free? I feel like I need to pay closer attention to that. xx Chrystin

    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you go when you're in the states? You're from the east coast, right? There are more and more LUSH storefronts which is great! & YA! I was so happy when they featured me. I want to write a post about companies that are cruelty-free. It's important! I'm happy about your interest. In the meantime there are a ton of bloggers and lists, so if you just Google it you'll be able to find resources. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm originally from New Jersey, but when I go to the States for the holidays I go to my parents' house in Arizona. I remember seeing a Lush store at one of the malls last year when I visited, and I love that every time I go there's more and more Lush stores! The ironic thing is that as much I love going to the stores, I've rarely ever bought anything. A few shampoo & conditioner products, but other than that I tend to feel overwhelmed. Next time I visit a Lush store, I need to go with a game plan haha
      Remember when Lush didn't have any stores and used to send out those newspaper catalogs? That must have been like 10 or 15 years ago now!
      As for cruelty-free, I'll have to start doing my research---the only beauty company I know of off the top of my head is Tarte.

      Delete
    3. I was composing a comment regarding how their aren't many LUSH storefronts but I searched it and found 3 that I could go to easily! They're making more and more! I always go shopping with a game plan! I do online "window shopping" then go to the store and get exactly what I want. I do that specifically for H&M. I have a private Pinterest board where I can pin what I want. ;) It's funny that you said that about Tarte because I just read this tweet about Tarte. One thing that I learned about cruelty-free companies is even if the company itself is cruelty-free, they can have parent companies that are not. So when you're supporting a cruelty-free company their parent company that is not cruelty-free is getting your funding, too. It's awful & irritating. But we do our best, and that's what matters. I personally cannot support companies with parent companies that participate in animal testing. Because in my mind that isn't being free of cruelty. But ya, I'll work on a post to give you a lot of resources! And Google is a girl's best friend. ;)

      Delete
  6. I am so intrigued by the clear lip liner. I must give that a try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do! I have an e.l.f. wishlist so maybe you'll get around to buying it before me ;)

      Delete
  7. I love ELF too, and their products is good quality for the price!

    ReplyDelete